Monday, May 30, 2011

Love the doctors in Panama!

I had my first doctor's appointment today.  It was so nice to meet with doctors who take the time to actually visit, discuss, explain, strategize a plan to healing, and get to know you as a patient and a person.  This is the FIRST time in nine years where I met with a doctor, and felt hope about changing the course of my MS.  Had to travel to Panama to find the answers.  And I am very glad I did!

The Stem Cell Institute has treated about 200 MS patients, and patients that have MS similar to me, have had 80% - 85% improvement.

America needs to get on board.  Stem cell medicine is amazing and can help thousands of people.

The lesson learned?  Listen to that little voice inside yourself that whispers and guides you.  That voice is always there waiting for you to ask, "what next? what is my next step?"  Listen to that small voice and you will never go wrong.  Six weeks ago, I felt confused as to what I should do to try and heal my body.  So, I quieted myself and asked.  The answer came...stem cells.  Today I sit in Panama preparing for my first intrathecal stem cell injection.  God is good.

Blessings,
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling so optimistic! You are in our prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I got on the blog to get the latest! Sounds like you are doing well and in a pretty place. And so glad Chris is with you to make things fun! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie mom and I are so happy to hear that everything is going great in panama! our prayers are for you :) We love you and miss you! and mom says not to worry she is keeping an eye on McKenna and Scott ;)

    Love,
    Melissa & Lourdes

    ReplyDelete