Sunday, May 29, 2011

We made it to Panama

Well, we made it to Panama!  It was a long day of travel, woke up at 4:00am, flew out of LAX, arrived in Panama at 5:30.  Our driver met us at the gate and helped us through customs and retrieved our luggage.  It was very easy.  We were happy to arrive at our new "home away from home".  We walked across the street and had dinner at a new, local restaurant.  The food was delicious.  We met the owner of the restaurant and told him why we are in Panama.  He made me a deal... if, by the end of my treatments I can walk in his restaurant, I can eat for free :)  DEAL!


Chris is having fun mingling with the locals.  His three years of High School Spanish is coming back, and if he doesn't know the word in Spanish, he repeats himself even louder in English with a Latin accent.  It is quiet funny.  We are having a great time!  If you ever need a fun travel buddy, I highly recommend traveling with Chris!

Here is the view from our bedroom.  Panama City is full of beautiful high-rise buildings, and in between I am reminded that we are in a third world country.  The homes are small, tin and wooden shacks.


I am enjoying seeing another part of the world, and I feel blessed to live in America.

Doctors appointment Monday, Mini-lipo to retrieve stem cells Wednesday, first stem cell infusion Friday.

Love to all,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment